Recently, OnePlus launched its flagship of 2017, the OnePlus 5 with Android 7.1.1 Nougat based OxygenOS. Since then, developer communities are busy developing custom ROMs for the device. We have already seen a LineageOS port for the device and now Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat is available for download. Here is how to install Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 on OnePlus 5.
Installing Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 on OnePlus 5 is just like any other custom ROMs, however your OnePlus 5 should be decrypted, if it is encrypted. Also, if you really need to use Google apps, then you also need to download Open-G apps and flash after flashing the ROM. (Use the Pico version and arm64/7.1)
OnePlus 5 is a developer friendly device, which means you can easily unlock its bootloader, install custom recovery like TWRP and gain root access. Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) offers various customizations and features to OnePlus 5. To see the complete features of the ROM, head over to this XDA link.
Prerequisites for flashing Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM on OnePlus 5
– Ensure at least 50% Battery charge remaining on the phone to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download the latest Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) from here and transfer the entire zip to your phone.
2. Download Open-G apps (Pico, arm64/7.1) from here and transfer the zip to your phone
3. Boot your OnePlus 5 to TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and create a Nandroid backup
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to main TWRP menu, and then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the Resurrection Remix OS zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Any question regarding this guide? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)