ZTE Nubia Z11 was launched with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and it is now updated to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Nubia UI5.0. This guide helps you install stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat stable update on Nubia Z11 (NX531J) manually. It has been a over a month since Nubia released Beta version of Nougat for the device and now the device got the stable Nougat build (NX531J_Z69_EN_RSZ0T1JF13M304) with bug fixes and optimizations.
Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat update brings various new features to Nubia Z11 (NX531J). Along with Nougat native features, the firmware comes with brand new Nubia UI 5.0 user interface, which simplifies use of the device. If you own this device, here is how to update it to Nougat with official firmware.
Changelog (NX531J_Z69_EN_RSZ0T1JF13M304) of this update:
– Updated to Android Nougat and Nubia UI5.0.
– Optimization for event reminder in Calendar
– Optimized Italian translations
– General bug fixes
Below are prerequisites for installing official firmware on your Nubia phone. The process is simple, all you need to download the firmware (weighs around 1.9GB) and follow the below given instruction.
1. Back up your personal data, otherwise it might erase all the personal data and information on this phone.
2. It is strongly recommended to remove your Google account from your device.
3. Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone to prevent shutdown during the installation process.
4. Once updated to Nougat, you cannot downgrade to Marshmallow.
1. Download Nougat firmware (NX531J_Z69_EN_RSZ0T1JF13M304) for Nubia Z11 from official website here.
2. Save the downloaded firmware zip file on your phone memory.
3. Now, open ‘System Update’ app (Go to Settings > System Update).
4. Tap on the menu (three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen), then tap on ‘Local Update’.
5. Now, select the firmware update.zip file (you just saved).
6. Choose the option Backup to backup your data (if you need so) and then start the installation or proceed directly with the upgrade.
Your phone will restart and start installing the firmware. Wait for few minutes (15-20 minutes) to complete the installation. After rebooting, enjoy your new OS. (Source – Nubiafans)