Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X owners can install the much awaited MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 ROM and experience all the features right now. Xiaomi is set to release MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 ROM for Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X and Mi 6 on next Friday. Users run on latest MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM will get the MIUI 9 Beta update through OTA. Other users need to unlock the bootloader and flash via fastboot.
In this guide we show you how to download and install MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 on Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon variant. MIUI 9 Global Beta is based on Android 7.0 Nougat (NRD90M) and comes with July 2017 Android security patches. Below are main features of MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM.
Features of MIUI 9
– Multiple deep-level optimizations offers lag free working
– Fresh dynamic icons will always catch your eye.
– Faster and sleeker launch and exit process for apps.
– Improved and intuitive home screen editing.
– Split screen feature doubles your productivity.
– A more refined Silent mode triggered simply by pressing the volume button.
– Redesigned Messaging app with everything you need right on the start page.
Basically there are two methods to install MIUI 9 Beta Global ROM manually on your phone. First is flashing from Mi Recovery (OTA update), which is simple, but your device should be on latest MIUI 8 beta version.
The second method is via Fastboot, if your device runs on MIUI 8 stable version. This method requires unlocked bootloader and it will wipe your data.
2. Rename the downloaded MIUI Global Beta to update.zip and save it on your phone.
3. Turn off your phone and then press the Volume + button along with the power button to boot into Mi Recovery.
4. Navigate to update.zip file (use Vol up/down button and select it using power button).
5. Confirm the installation by selecting the Yes button. Once it is installed then selects the back button and then reboot.