Xiaomi has released Global Beta version of MIUI 8 ROM 6.7.5 for a bunch of devices, including Xiaomi Mi4i. If you are excited to try the new OS and its features, here is how to install MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi4i. You can install the ROM via ‘Updater’ app by downloading the recovery image file or flash the ROM via fastboot.
Xiaomi’s latest firmware MIUI 8 comes with many usability features, faster loading time, bold and colorful UI, latest Android security patches and more. Second space, dual app support, long screenshot function, app lock, quick ball and various gestures, new permission model, etc. will enhance your experience. Also, the ROM comes with various fixes and optimizations.
Before start installing MIUI 8 Global ROM on Xiaomi Mi4i, please note that the status of the ROM is Beta, which means it is unstable and you may come across issues while using the phone.
Install MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM 6.7.5
Note: If your phone is running on a global beta ROM, MIUI 8 global beta ROM can be installed via OTA or manually by downloading the OTA firmware file.
1. Download the MIUI 8 ROM recovery image for Xiaomi Mi4i [HERE] and put the zip file into your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish. Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart automatically.
How to install MIUI 8 ROM via Fastboot
Warning: The process will wipe your phone. Backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool [HERE], unzip the content and install it by double clicking the MiFlash.exe file.
2. Download MIUI 8 Global fastboot image for Xiaomi Mi4i [HERE]
3. Now, boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do so, turn off the device and press the Vol Down key and the Power button at the same time.
4. Double click on the downloaded ROM file to unzip it. Open the file folder for the unzipped ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
5. Open MiFlash tool and paste the ROM file folder path into the address bar.
6 Click the ‘Refresh’ button. The MiFlash should automatically recognize your phone. Now, click ‘Flash’ button to flash the ROM file to your phone.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version. (Source – miui)