Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus owners can now enjoy LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) and its awesome features. The Lineage OS team just released the first nightly build of LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium), which you can download and install via custom recovery, like TWRP. LineageOS 14.1 offers stock Android UI, Android 7.1.2 Nougat features along with LineageOS features and latest Android security patches (April 2017). Interested users check out the installation guide below.
In this guide, we show you how to install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium). Recently, the Lineage OS team updated the ROM to Android 7.1.2 with various bug fixes and optimizations. By flashing LineageOS 14.1, you can experience multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, night mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and more on Xiaomi Mi 5s.
Note that, LineageOS 14.1 is still in developing stage (nightly build), but found that there were no major bugs in the latest LineageOS 14.1 nightly build. The ROM is fully functional, missing some features though.
To install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, your device should have unlocked bootloader (visit official website here to unlock the bootloader), latest version of TWRP recovery (download from here and flash via ADB) and root access (download latest version of SuperSU and flash via TWRP).
a) Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
b) Battery charge above 80% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release)
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below