Wileyfox Swift owners can now enjoy latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat and its value added features via official LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM. Though still in developing stage (nightly build), there were no major bugs in the latest LineageOS 14.1 nightly build. The ROM is fully functional, missing some features though. If you do not know how to install LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) on your Wileyfox Swift (code-named crackling), check out the guide below.
The UK based Wileyfox Swift is a Cyanogen OS smartphone. Now, CyanogenMod is dead and transformed to new LineageOS, so getting official Nougat update for Wileyfox Swift (crackling) is very rare. LineageOS 14.1 is the better alternative to bring Android 7.1.1 Nougat to the device. However note that, the present status of the ROM is nightly, so do not expect everything to be fully working, but it does seem to be ready for daily use.
LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) brings various new features and performance improvements to enrich user experience. You will get multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, night mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and more on your Wileyfox Swift.
You can install LineageOS 14.1 on Wileyfox Swift via TWRP recovery. Before proceeding with below steps, backup every data you have on the phone. Also, ensure at least 50 – 70 battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
1. Download latest build of LineageOS 14.1 for Wileyfox Swift (crackling) from here and save the zip file on your phone.
3. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery (With the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons)
4. In TWRP recovery, select Backup button and create a backup of your current system and data.
5. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik/ART cache, System, Data, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
6. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate and select the LineageOS .zip package. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
7. Also, install Gapps zip file (repeat the step 6) and choose Gapps zip file.
8. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
After rebooting, setup your new OS and enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat and LineageOS. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.