As promised earlier, Xiaomi has released the stable version of its bold and colorful MIUI 8 ROM for many Mi and Redmi devices. It comes with many usable features, new apps, latest Android security patches, faster loading time, various bug fixes and performance boost. Xiaomi has started to roll out the update to supported devices or you can install it manually via Updater app or fastboot.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to install Global MIUI 8 stable ROM manually on your Xiaomi Mi and Redmi devices. The officially supported devices that are getting MIUI 8 stable ROM are Mi Max, Mi Note, Mi 5, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 3, Mi 2, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 2 and Redmi 1s.
If you have not received the update notification for MIUI 8 stable ROM, you can manually install it via either recovery or fastboot. Both methods are rather simple; however, the latter method requires unlocked bootloader.
How to Install Global Stable MIUI 8 on Xiaomi Devices
Warning: The process will wipe your phone. Backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Download MIUI 8 Global fastboot image for Xiaomi devices [HERE]
3. Now, boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do so, turn off the device and press the Vol Down key and the Power button at the same time.
4. Double click on the downloaded ROM file to unzip it. Open the file folder for the unzipped ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
5. Open MiFlash tool and paste the ROM file folder path into the address bar.
6 Click the ‘Refresh’ button. The MiFlash should automatically recognize your phone. Now, click ‘Flash’ button to flash the ROM file to your phone.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Recovery Method (with New Mi recovery interface):
1. Download the MIUI 8 Recovery ROM on your PC [HERE], rename it to update.zip and then transfer it your phone’s storage (download folder).
2. On your phone, go to the Updater app and tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right corner.
3. Select Choose update package, go to the Download folder (where you have saved the ROM zip file) and Choose files, then choose the download zip, select it and tap OK.
4. The phone will then verifies the package, reboot automatically and flash the update.
(Source – miui)