If you own Lenovo K5/K5 Plus and would like to get the Android 8.1 Oreo on it, then the PixelExperience custom ROM could be a good choice. Experienced users can install the ROM via custom recovery and enjoy Oreo features along with Google Pixel experience on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus. Read on to know the installation procedure, status of the ROM and prerequisites for installing the PixelExperience custom ROM on Lenovo K5/K5 Plus.
PixelExperience is an AOSP based Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and its present status for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus is Beta. It means the ROM is unstable, and contains several bugs that are not yet identified. However, most things are working as expected (except video recording with stock camera app).
Thanks to the XDA developer Sounak@9434, the PixelExperience ROM includes all Pixel stuffs, such as launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation, etc. so you can experience Google Pixel on your device via this ROM.
To get this build on your Lenovo K5/K5 Plus follow the steps below. Do not forget to create a backup of data you have on your phone before you jump to the guide.
1. This ROM is for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020a46), so do not try it on any other device
2. At least 70% battery charge remaining on the phone
3. Make Nandroid back up in TWRP recovery
4. TWRP recovery and root access on the phone
How to Install the custom ROM on Lenovo K5/K5 Plus
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. This is recommended for technically talented users only.
[the ROM does not require Gapps, as it included in the build]
2. Transfer the ROM zip files to your phone’s storage
3. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode (Switch off, press and hold Volume down & Power button together)
4. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and make a Nandroid backup (recommended)
5. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and then go to Advanced Wipe > select wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and swipe right to confirm it.
6. Now, go to main recovery menu, select ‘Install’, choose the ROM zip file and swipe to install it.
7. Once again choose ‘Wipe’, wipe cache, dalvik cache, and then reboot your device.
Your Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus will boot into Android 8.1 Oreo. Setup and enjoy. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – Sounak@9434)