After updating Micromax Yu Yureka to the Cyanogen OS 12 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop), many users have complaints that their phone eats up more battery and produce more heat. To fix these bugs, Cyanogen team has released a new update that you can install manually. If your Yu Yureka suffer from such an issue, read on to know how to fix it.
Today’s tutorial shows you how to fix battery drain and heat issue on Micromax Yu Yureka. You can fix these bugs by updating Yu Yureka to the newest version of Cyanogen OS 12. This updates will also provide power improvements and security enhancement for your device. If you have battery drain or heat issue, follow the guide to know how to fix it manually.
Before you get start updating your Yu Yureka to the latest version of Cyanogen OS 12, please note that this update does not wipe your data. However, it is highly recommended that you should back up all your important data on your phone, just in case. Also, this method does not void your manufacturer warranty in any way.
1. Download [HERE] the update zip file (cm-tomato-56deeca328-to-00b2e333e8-signed.zip) and transfer it to your phone’s internal storage. This is an official firmware update.
2. Now, boot your Yu Yureka into recovery mode. You can do this in two methods.
First method: Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap on the Build Number seven times to unlock Developer Options. Now go to Settings -> Developer Options -> enable ‘Advanced Reboot’ option. Now long press the power button, select the reboot option and select reboot to recovery option.
Second method: Power off your Yureka. Once it shuts down completely, hold down the Volume up +Volume down + Power buttons at the same time.
3. From recovery, select ‘Apply update’ option, then choose from internal storage option, and then select the ‘cm-tomato-56deeca328-to-00b2e333e8-signed.zip’ file that you have copied earlier.
4. Once you select the file, the recovery will start flashing the update. When the update completed, you will be back on the main Recovery menu.
5. Select the Reboot system now option and wait for the reboot process to complete.
This update will fix battery drain and heat issue on your Micromax Yu Yureka. (Source – XDA)