In this guide, we will show you how to download latest firmware file for your Huawei or its sub brand Honor phone and install manually. You can install the downloaded firmware manually on your Huawei/Honor phone, when in need. For example, if you have any difficulty updating your phone via OTA (over the air), want to unbrick a bricked phone or unroot and go back to stock, you can use the downloaded stock firmware to install manually.
There are various online sources are available for downloading stock firmware for Huawei and Honor phones, but finding a correct firmware for your region and phone model is a tricky job. The Huawei Firmware Finder app created by an XDA user gmanrainy answers this issue and lets you download latest firmware for your device without any fuss.
Note that we have provided manual installation guide for many Huawei and Honor phones in the previous posts. You can expect more in the future as well. You can follow any of the guides to flash stock firmware on your Huawei or Honor phone, but requires some technical expertise.
Windows and Android versions of Huawei Firmware Finder tool is now available for download. Here we provide detailed guide on how to use Huawei Firmware Finder for Windows.
Note: Before you get start, please note that the Huawei Firmware Finder tool requires .NET Framework 4.5.2 (for Windows 7) installed on the computer to run. If not installed, download it from Microsoft and install it.
1. Download Huawei Firmware Finder tool for Windows from source [HERE] (It is free)
2. On your phone, go to Settings > About phone > and check for your device model number (for example, BLN-L22).
3. Unzip the Huawei Firmware Finder tool, open the extracted folder, and run the FirmwareFinderRewrite.exe file (just double click, no installation is required)
4. Click on ‘Common base’ tab and enter your device model number into the ‘Model for find’ search box and click on ‘Find’ button.
5. It will list available firmware (update and full firmware) along with changelog.
6. Click the required file (under Filelist), a window will pop up with download link for both update and full firmware.
7. Download the firmware to your computer, then you can use it flash on your phone manually.
8. You can find manual installation guide in this site. For example, use this guide to know how to flash firmware manually on Honor 6X.