Huawei has started rolling out Honor 6X Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 B360 update in many regions, including USA, Europe and Asia. The update offers App drawer, refined and intuitive user interface, remodeled task manager, app twin and most features of Android Nougat. Users will get the B360 Nougat OTA update for Honor 6X BLN-L21, L22 and L24 variants in the coming days. If you are unable to install the update via OTA, you can download and install the B360 Nougat update manually.
Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 (B360) update is now available in the US, Europe, Asia, Russia and Middle East. It is also worth mentioning here that the Indian variant Honor 6X BLN-L22 have already received the Nougat update (B301) last month (details). The EMUI 5.0 update offers better system stability and performance enhancements, latest Android security patches, better battery saving features and more. Read full changelog at here.
Honor 6X (BLN L21, L22, L24) users who have not received the B360 EMUI 5.0 Nougat update notification yet, check it by going to Settings > About Phone > System update. Alternatively, use Huawei’s HiCare app to force update your device.
If you prefer manual installation, check out the guide below. The B360 Nougat full ROM weighs around 1.4GB. First, download the ROM for your device variant and follow the guide below.
Note: Ensure your phone is fully charged and as always, back up any important data you have on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Unzip the downloaded ‘update.zip’ file-using app like 7Zip.
2. Now, create a folder ‘dload’ in the root of your SD card. Copy and paste the update.app file (from extracted update.zip files) in the ‘dload’ folder.
3. Now, open the phone app and dial *#*#2846579#*#*. It will open the software upgrade menu.
4. In the menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade, then select and run the update.
5. Once the process is completed, reboot your phone and enjoy the all new EMUI 5.0 and its features.
1. Unzip the downloaded full firmware file (update_full_BLN-L24_hw_usa.zip).
2. Now, go to the ‘delod’ folder and delete all the content. Then copy the entire file, including update.app from the extracted full firmware file and save them in ‘deload’ folder.
3. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* in dial pad to get the software upgrade menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade and then select and run the update.
4. The update will start and once completed, reboot your device.
Now you have successfully installed the latest stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 6X. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.