Huawei is working hard to bring Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 for more Honor and Mate devices. The company now starts Android Nougat Beta testing for Honor 5C in India. Honor 5C owners in India can now join for the Android 7.0 Nougat Beta testing program and experience, collaborate, and help identify bugs of EMUI 5.0 (Android Nougat). If you are interested, here is how to participate in the Nougat beta program.
Below we have provided all the necessary details for applying to the Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) BETA test program for Honor 5C. Currently the Beta program is valid for Honor 5 (NEM- L22) for Indian market only and the first batch will be consisting of 50 users, while the second will include 100 users.
Note that your Honor 5C should be running on firmware version NEM-L22C675B140 – B151 to participate in the get the beta program.
Below are the main features of EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
– A brand new, simple user interface
– Improved system performance
– Multiple app accounts (App twin) – run two apps simultaneously
– Ensures enhanced security for user privacy, mobile payment, communication, and app usage.
Note: It is recommended that users should back up their data before testing, as the Beta is a developer version of the OS and might be unstable.
2. Enter your name, email address, and select phone model (Honor 5C)
3. Then enter the IMEI Number. (Dial *#06# to check the IMEI number)
4. Select the build number (goes to Settings -> about phone and look for something like PLK-UL00C675B170).
5. Then enter your Facebook identity (To get in touch with you) and submit the form.
6. Enter your Nickname in Honor Community (You can register here)
7. Enter your phone number and submit the form.
Once the registration is completed, you will receive the OTA update. If you have not received the OTA update notification, go to Settings -> About phone -> System update -> Check Now. On getting the update notifications, select the ‘Yes, Download’ option. After downloading, select -> Install now.
Once the installation process is completed, your Honor will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version (source – Honor Community)