Honor 5C, which was launched last year has been upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0. Huawei starts rolling out the Nougat based EMUI 5.0 OTA update (firmware version B310) for Indian variant Honor 5C NEM-L22 with VoLTE, new features, general bug fixes and latest security patches. Users will get the OTA update for EMIUI 5.0 (build NEM-L22C675B310) in the coming days or you can install the update right now manually. Check out the guide below.
EMUI 5.0 for Honor 5C brings Android 7.0 Nougat, a brand new, simple user interface, features like multiple app accounts (App twin) to run two apps simultaneously, improved system performance, VoLTE, as well as ensures enhanced security for user privacy, mobile payment, communication, and app usage.
Indian Honor 5C (NEM-L22) owners can check for the Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) update using Huawei’s HiCare app. Before that, check the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware. If no update found, you can force update Honor 5C by using HiCare app. Read this guide for details.
Tech-savvy users can download and install the EMUI 5.0 firmware manually. Read on to know how to install EMUI 5.0 B310 firmware on Honor 5C NEM-L22 (India) variant manually.
– The firmware file given below is for Honor 5C NEM-L22 only (India). Do not install it on other Honor 5C variant.
– Your phone should be on stock firmware and recovery to install the Nougat update.
– Ensure your phone is fully charged (at least 70- 80% charge remaining).
– As always, back up any important data you have on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download EMUI 5.0 update for Honor 5C (update_data_full_NEM-L22_channel_in.zip) from here
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware file (use 7Zip app, for instance).
3. Now, go to the ‘delod’ folder on the SD card (if not there, create one) and delete all the content inside it.
4. Copy the entire file, including update.app from the extracted firmware file and save them in the ‘deload’ folder.
5. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* in the dial pad to get the software upgrade menu. Then go to Project Menu > Software Upgrade > SD Card > select the ‘update.app’ and Run update
6. The update will start and once completed, reboot your device.
Now you have successfully installed the latest stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 5C. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)