Huawei is known for its timely update their smartphone to the latest Android versions. Huawei’s sub brand, the two-year old Honor 4X (Che1-L04) in India starts getting the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update (C675B511) with EMUI 4.0. The update is available through OTA (over-the-air), but if you have any trouble updating your Honor 4 X via OTA, you can manually flash the firmware by downloading it on your PC.
The new firmware update for Honor 4X (Che1-L04) brings the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow along with Huawei’s Emotion UI 4.0 and new features to the device. You can experience various new features like personalized app permission model, Doze mode, app standby, etc. as well as the update brings performance enhancements, bug fixes and add-ons to Honor 4X.
Currently, Honor 4X (model number Che1-L04) is running on the Android 5.1.1, which you can update, to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Just download the official Marshmallow firmware from Huawei (file size 1.2GB) and flash it. The whole process requires only a few minutes and easy following. This will update your Honor 4X to build number Che1-L04C675B511.
How to Install Android Marshmallow on Honor 4X Manually
Important: The firmware file given below is for Honor 4X Che1-L04 only (India). Do not install it on other 4X variant. Your phone should be on stock firmware and recovery to install the Marshmallow update. Ensure your phone is fully charged. As always, back up any important data you have on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Unzip the firmware zip files using an app like 7Zip. Inside the extracted folder, you will get a folder named ‘dload’.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable (Assume that your phone is able to receive files from your computer).
4. Copy the ‘dload’ folder from your computer and save it on the internal SD card. Place the file in the root directory (not inside a folder).
5. Now, disconnect your phone from your computer.
6. Turn off the phone and boot it into fastboot mode by holding down Volume UP, Volume Down, and Power buttons together.
7. The phone detects the ‘dload’ folder and its contents (update) and automatically starts flashing the stock ROM.
8. Once the installation process completed, reboot your phone.
Now you have successfully installed the latest stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 4X. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.