As we know, Samsung has started Beta testing Android 8.0 Oreo as Samsung Experience 9.0 for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, but it is only available in select region. However, if you would like to taste the Oreo beta on your Galaxy S8, then you can try it right now, if your Galaxy S8 is Exynos variant (SM-G950F) and have latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed on the device.
With this update, users can enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo features like new Settings menu, Notification panel, Picture in Picture (PIP), Adaptive icons, Autofill, Notification timeout, and more as well as several new features and enhancements of all the new Android skin Samsung Experience 9.0.
Now, if you want to taste the official Android 8.0 Oreo (Experience 9.0) on your Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Exynos variant right now, then this recent development might be of interest to you. Thanks to the XDA member Paradoxxx, Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta stock firmware is available as TWRP backup, which you can restore on your device via TWRP.
Read on to know how to get Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta stock firmware on your Galaxy S8 via TWRP. However, we won’t recommend you to install it, as you may end up bricking your device.
The below guide is for Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Exynos variant only. Do not try it on other variant. Also, it requires TWRP installed on your device (refer this guide).
Note: Backup every data you have on the phone, as the below procedure will wipe your device’s internal storage.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
2. Boot your device into TWRP and backup all the partitions and save them on your PC.
3. Now, Format data in TWRP, then choose Reboot, and Reboot to recovery. Once again, take a backup in TWRP.
4. Now, connect your phone to your computer, and go to
5. Copy and pasted the firmware folder (unzipped from Oreo beta firmware) there.
6. Go back to main TWRP menu, choose Restore. Restore the boot and system from there. Wait for it to be done, and reboot.
For further information and discuss about it, please visit this XDA thread. (Source – Paradoxxx)