The new HTC Sense 6 UI gives a stylish new overhaul to the HTC One M8 Android phone. Now it is bolder, cleaner and more colorful and “allows you to interact with your phone in ways you never thought possible”. Google Nexus 5 users can now enjoy HTC Sense 6 UI on their device by flashing the NexSense ROM.
Developed by an XDA member galaxuuser, the NexSense ROM brings HTC Sense 6.0 UI on Google Nexus 5 phone, however, keep in mind that it is currently a “work in progress ROM” so you might come across unknown bugs while using your device. As of now, the ROM only works for Nexus 5 phone.
Below is a list of what is working and bugs:
If you are interested, here is how to flash NexSense ROM on Nexus 5. As always, make a Nandroid backup from recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only
1. Your Nexus 5 must have unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed.
2. Download the ROM and NexSense Patch (download link at the bottom of this post).
3. Turn off your Nexus 5, then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for few seconds and then press Volume Down button to select Recovery mode.
4. Press the Power button to restart your phone in the recovery mode.
5. Perform “Wide Data/Factory Reset” (use Vol Up/Down buttons to select options).
6. Now, select “Install update from SD card” and then select Install ZIP from SD card and then navigate to the NexSense.zip file.
7. Repeat the last set to flash with NexSense_Patch-GalaxyUser.zip file.
8. Finally, boot your device and enjoy HTC Sense 6 UI.
Note: If your phone stuck in boot loop, wipe data and cache partition and try to reboot again. If that not helped, go to recovery wipe all and flash the ROM again.
Download NexSense ROM and Patch from source .