Samsung Galaxy S4 users can now make their phone look like Galaxy S6 with LolliROM. Also, this custom ROM brings some of the best Galaxy S6 features and apps to Galaxy S4. Created by an XDA contributor Albe95, the LolliROM is based on the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware and the developer has included all ported Galaxy S6 apps to the ROM.
LolliROM brings some of the best Galaxy S6 features and apps to Galaxy S4, including Galaxy S6 TouchWiz launcher, lock screen, keyboard, themes panel, ringtones, fonts, Accuweather weather widget, music player, icon pack, wallpaper picker, and more. This ROM definitely gives a new refreshing look to Galaxy S4.
This tutorial shows you how to get Samsung’s latest flag shipped device Galaxy S6’s real look along with its features and apps as well as Android 5.0.1 Lollipop TouchWiz ROM on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. However, to flash this ROM your phone need a custom recovery like CWM/TWRP/PhilZ and requires root access.
Important Note: Before you get start, make a full backup of your data on phone. Also, make Nandroid backup from recovery, if you want to return to the stock ROM. The LolliROM is 1.2 GB in size, so at least 1.5GB free space required on your Galaxy S4.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Install latest custom recovery like TWRP, CWM or PhilZ [HERE]
2. Download LolliROM Albe95_LolliROM_Official_3-00.zip [HERE] and transfer it to your phone’s SD card.
3. Unplug your phone from your computer and turn it off. Now boot it into custom recovery. To do so, press the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons at the same time.
4. Now, perform a full system wipe. In TWRP recovery, go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe ->Dalvik, System, Data and Cache. For CWM recovery, select “Wipe data/factory reset” with Volume keys and press the home button to select it.
5. Now, choose Install, select the LolliROM.zip, tap on it and swipe (TWRP) or go to “Install Zip”, choose the ROM zip and flash it (CWM)
6. Wait until it installs the ROM. Once the installation process completed, reboot your Galaxy S4 and wait it to complete the first boot (it will take more than 15 minutes for the first time)
Note: Before you start installing this ROM on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, you are advised to read the instruction and changelog at the XDA forum thread here.