If you are excited to get Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Lenovo K3 Note, here is how to get it unofficially via Resurrection Remix OS (v.5.8.4). Lenovo K3 Note was launched with Android Lollipop on board and later updated to Marshmallow. Lenovo will not roll out official Android 7.0 Nougat update for K3 Note, but you can still enjoy latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its cool features with official Resurrection Remix OS v.5.8.4.
In this guide we show you how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat update on Lenovo K3 Note with Resurrection Remix OS. Resurrection Remix OS is one of the best custom ROMs, which is recently updated version 5.8.4 with August 2017 security patches, various bug fixes and system optimizations.
If you are interested to try Resurrection Remix OS v.5.8.4 (based on Android 7.1.2) custom ROM on your Lenovo K3 Note (code named aio_otfp), check the installation guide and prerequisites.
1. To install Resurrection Remix OS, your Lenovo K3 Note should have unlocked bootloader and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on it. Follow this guide for instruction.
2. At least 50 % battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. Back up every data you have on the phone.
4. Download latest version of Resurrection Remix OS (RR-N-v5.8.3-20170703-aio_otfp-OFFICIAL.zip) from here.
5. Download Android 7.2 compatible Gappas zip package (arm64/pico) from here.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Copy the downloaded ROM zip file and Gapps zip file to your device external storage.
2. Now, turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery (press Volume Up and Power button at the same time).
3. Once you are in the recovery, go to ‘Wipe’ > Advanced Wipe > and then wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
4. Now, go to ‘Install’, and then navigate to ROM zip file, which you have copied to external storage. After selecting, swipe to flash the ROM.
5. Install Gapps zip file in the same way.
6. Now, reboot your phone, set up your new ROM and enjoy.
Note that, the firs boot will take more time than usual, so stay patient. If you have any question with this guide, leave it in the comment section below.