If you own a Fairphone 2, then here is how to get Android 7.1.2 Nougat update on it via LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM. The LineageOS team has released official LineageOS 14.1 for Fairphone 2 that brings Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its awesome features to FP2. You can install the custom ROM via a custom recovery like TWRP. If you are interested here is how to install the LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM on Fairphone 2.
Fairphone 2 was released with Android Lollipop and then it updated to Android Marshmallow. Since it is a two year old device, chances for getting the Android Nougat update is rare. However, experienced users can flash custom ROM like LineageOS on it and experience the latest Android version.
LineageOS 14.1 brings several new features alongside Nougat native features as well as latest Android security patches. However, the status of LineageOS 14.1 is Nightly, which means the ROM is not fully stable and may include some bugs. Interested users, check out the installation guide below.
Note: The below guide requires latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed on your phone. If you have not done it already, install it first.
TWRP Installation Guide:
To install TWRP recovery, your device (FP2) must be on bootloader version. Check it by issuing the adb shell command ‘
– Download official TWRP recovery for FP2 [here] to your PC and rename it as ‘
– Connect your phone to your PC. Open a command prompt and issue the command ‘
adb reboot bootloader’. It will reboot your device into fastboot mode.
– Now, issue the command ‘
fastboot devices’ to see your PC identify the device. If not, install proper driver on your computer.
– Now flash the TWRP recovery onto your device by issuing the command ‘
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’.
– Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation: Switch off the phone, press Volume Up and Power buttons. Release when boot logo appears.
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Fairphone 2
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. This is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode (Switch off, press and hold Volume up & Power button together).
3. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and make a Nandroid backup (recommended)
4. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and then go to Advanced Wipe > select wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and swipe right to confirm it.
5. Now, go to main recovery menu, select ‘Install’, choose the ROM zip file and swipe to install it. Once done, select Gapps zip file and swipe to install it.
After successful installation, reboot your phone. Setup and enjoy new OS. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – LineageOS)