Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is one of the assured devices to get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update. Latest report shows that Samsung has started rolling out Nougat update for Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920C) in certain region, which means the global roll out is imminent. Rooted Galaxy Note 5 will not get official Android 7.0 Nougat update, however here is how to get Android 7.0 Nougat on Rooted Galaxy Note 5 via Nemesis custom ROM.
Custom ROM fans that are looking for Android 7.0 Nougat for their Galaxy Note 5, but longing for Samsung’s Experience UI, the Nemesis custom ROM will bring it. The developer states that the ROM is based on the Galaxy Note 5 Nougat firmware (N920CXXU3CQB2) and it is debloated, fast, and responsive and battery friendly.
The below mentioned file is for Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C and SM-N920I only. You can also try it on other variants of Galaxy Note 5, such as SM-N920G, SM-N920S, SM-N920L and SM-N920K (We did not checked it).
Note: Since this is a custom ROM, you may experience bugs while using it. It is recommended to flash, only if you want to experience Galaxy Note 5 features on your device.
IMPORTANT: Before flashing the ROM, please backup your data and your EFS folder. Also, keep in mind that the process will void your device’s warranty.
Installation Instruction for Nemesis ROM on Galaxy Note 5
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download [HERE] the custom ROM zip file and transfer it to your device’s SD card.
2. Boot Galaxy S5 into TWRP recovery by pressing Home + Power + Volume up button at the same time.
3. In recovery, select ‘backup’ and create a backup of current ROM (recommended)
4. In recovery, select ‘Wipe’ and then wipe data, cache partition and format system
5. Now, select ‘Install’ and then select the ROM zip file and flash it.
6. Reboot your device and setup your device
Note: It should take less than 10 minutes until it boots. Enjoy! Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (Source – XDA)