Samsung has started Android 8.0 Oreo Beta with Samsung Experience 9.0 for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus in South Korea, US and the UK. Starting from today (November 2, 2017), the Oreo Beta program is available for select users in these countries who have an active Samsung Account and Samsung Members app (or Samsung+ app for US) installed on the device. If you are interested, here is how to join for the Galaxy Beta program.
In US, the Experience 9.0 beta program is available on T-Mobile, Sprint, and unlocked version of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus purchased in the country. In the UK, the program is available for unlocked version of Galaxy S8 and S8+. And in South Korea, the Beta program is available on SKT, KT or LG U+ Galaxy S8 and S8+.
In addition to the native Android 8.0 Oreo features, such as the new Settings menu, Notification panel, Picture in Picture (PIP), Adaptive icons, Autofill, Notification timeout, Samsung has add several new features and enhancements to the Samsung Experience 9.0.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus users who are interested to participate in the Galaxy Beta program (Samsung Experience 9.0) and want to help Samsung to improve the performance of the new OS, here is how to join for the beta program.
1. To apply for Android Oreo Beta program, all Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus users must have an active Samsung Account [create account].
2. For US, download and install the Samsung Plus app from Play Store or App store [here].
3. Launch the Samsung Plus app, and under the ‘Registration’ menu, submit the ‘Galaxy Beta Program’ application form.
4. For UK and S Korea, download and install ‘Samsung Members’ app from Galaxy Apps or Play Store [here].
5. Launch the ‘Samsung Members’ app, tap the Notice, and then submit the ‘Galaxy Beta Program’ application form through “Registration of Galaxy Beta Program” in the notice.
After finishing Galaxy Beta Program registration process, tap ‘Software Update’ menu (Setting > Software update > download updates) manually, you can download and install beta software. (Source)