Galaxy S4 Mini owners can now enjoy all the features of Galaxy S5 including the visual elements by installing S5 Mini Lollipop Port ROM. In other words, this ROM transforms your Galaxy S4 mini into the Galaxy S5 mini with lollipop looking. The base ROM is Samsung’s Android 4.4.2 KitKat though.
The S5 Lollipop port ROM is fully optimized for performance and battery life and the developer update the ROM regularly for the stability improvements. However, please remember that this is only a port, so the stability may not be comparable with that of the original Samsung firmware.
The S5 Lollipop port ROM features the following:
– The features Galaxy S5 TouchWiz Launcher
– Galaxy S5 menu, dialer and phonebook
– Ultra power saving mode
– Galaxy S5 various gestures
– Floating toolbox
– Galaxy S5 settings interface
– Galaxy S5 Multi Windows
– One hand mode, S Voice, etc.
Disclaimer: Follow the guide carefully and at your own risk. We will not take any responsibility if anything went wrong. This guide is intended only for technically talented users.
Important: Backup all data on your phone including EFS data. Also, make a system dump (Nandroid backup) from custom recovery.
Requirements: This ROM requires stock 4.4.2 kitkat and custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on your Galaxy S4 mini.
1. Download the ROM [HERE] and transfer it to your phone’s SD card.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (use Power + Vol Up + Home buttons together), and then do a full system wipe (wipe data / factory reset).
3. Then install the ROM (select Install Zip option, then select ROM zip from sdcard
4. Once the installation process is completed, reboot your phone.
1. If your phone gets into the boot loop sequence (stuck in the welcome screen), boot your phone into custom recovery, perform ‘wipe cache partition’ and from ‘Advanced’ option perform ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
2. If above procedure is not helped you, remove battery from your phone and then re-insert it and follow the above installation instructions again.
You have now successfully installed S5 Lollipop port ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini. Leave your views below in the comment section. (source)