The LG G6 is the latest flagship from LG, which features many exciting things and one among them is the new UX 6.0 interface. LG G5 owners can now experience LG’s latest UX 6.0 and its features right now on their device with Fulmics ROM. This custom ROM is a full port of LG UX 6.0, so G5 owners can experience all the visual elements and goodies of the new LG UX. If you are interested, check out the guide below to know how to install Fulmics ROM (v.3.2) on LG G5.
Fulmics ROM (current version 3.2) for LG G5 features full UX 6.0, Android 7.0 Nougat (based on LGv20D firmware), stock kernel, Google Assistant, Fulmics tweaks, Knock ON, manual video mode, rounded corners and more (read full features). Also, with the included Aroma installer, tech-minded people can choose what they want on their LG G5.
The status of the ROM is stable, so you can use it as a daily driver. However, we remind you that chances for unknown bugs cannot be avoided, which is common for all custom ROMs. Fortunately, the ROM supports OTA update, so most problems can be fixed via the OTA (over the air) update.
Note that Fulmics ROM 3.2 supports LG G5 H850 (international variant) and LG G5 H830 (T-Mobile model) only. So do not install the ROM on other LG G5 variant. Also, for installing this custom ROM required Nougat bootloader, so your G5 should be on stock Android 7.0 Nougat to flash this ROM.
– Latest version of TWRP recovery and root access on LG G5 (Guide here)
– Backup all data. Also, ensure at least 60-70% battery charge remaining on the phone.
– Only supports LG G5 H850 (Intl) and LG G5 H830 (T-Mobile)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users.
1. Download latest version of Fulmics ROM from source [HERE]. Save the file on your handset’s external storage.
2. Now, turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery (press Volume Down and Power button together).
3. Select ‘Wipe’ > Advanced wipe > select Dalvik, System, Data, Cache and then swipe to wipe.
4. Once done, go back to recovery menu and select ‘Install’
5. Navigate and select the Fulmics ROM.zip file for flash. Your device will enter into Aroma installer. Select the features you want, and then start the installation.
6. Once donereboot your device and enjoy.
To get more details about this ROM, discussion and other instruction, head over to this XDA thread. (Source – XDA)