Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 owners can now experience the Android 8.0 Oreo on their device via unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM. Though AOSP 8.0 ROM is in its developing stage (beta), most things are working as expected, except Goodix fingerprint. This ROM supports both international and Chinese Redmi Note 3 (kenzo and kate) variants and offers Android 8.0 Oreo features alongside Pixel colors and Pixel Launcher.
If you are interested, here is how to install Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on the Redmi Note 3. Developed by an XDA a member jhenrique09, the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based Android 8.0 Oreo will bring a new experience to Redmi Note 3 owners. Check out the guide for installing it on your device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 owners can experience Android Oreo alongside Google Pixel features (Pixel colors and Pixel Launcher) by flashing this ROM. However, note that the ROM is released for testing purpose only and may come across bugs while using it on your phone. In other words, this ROM cannot be used as a daily driver.
a) Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
b) Battery charge above 80% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
c) Unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery installed on the phone (Follow this guide)
Note: This ROM does not require Google apps package.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Switch off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, and then release both keys).
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the ROM zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
The first boot will take long time to complete. Once done, setup and enjoy. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source).