In this tutorial we show you how to unlock Essential Phone Bootloader. The Essential Phone is a beautifully designed Android device with an edge-to-edge Full Display. Like Google Pixel and Nexus devices, Essential Phone is also fully developer friendly. You can easily unlock its bootloader and flash TWRP recovery, install system image manually and more. If you own this device here is how to unlock its bootloader.
Before start using this guide, beginners please note that Bootloader is a security feature of the device, so do not proceed unless you have a specific reason for unlocking the bootloader. If you want to install factory image manually, install custom recovery like TWRP, install custom ROM, backup system partition, etc. requires unlocked bootloader.
As said above, unlocking Essential Phone Bootloader is very simple. All you need ADB and Fastboot driver setup on your computer. Check out the guide below for unlocking instruction.
Warning: Unlocking bootloader will void your device warranty, so do it at your own risk. Also, make sure to backup all important files, as unlocking bootloader will factory reset your device for security reason.
– You need to install Essential Phone drivers on your computer
– ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your computer (You may follow this guide)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only
1. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock on device (To do so, go to Settings > About Phone > tap Build number 7 times. Now, go to Settings > Developers Options > Enable USB debugging & OEM Unlock)
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB and allow the drivers to install.
3. Now, on your PC go to the ADB installation folder and open a command window from there (press Shift key, right click and select Open a command window option)
4. Run the command ‘
adb devices’ and then run the below command to reboot your device to Fastboot mode:
adb reboot botloader
5. Run below code to ensure fastboot is working:
6. If your device’s serial number listed, you can continue with the unlocking process. If not, install proper driver file.
7. Now, to unlock the bootloader run the below command:
fastboot flashing unlock
This will unlock Essential Phone’s bootloader. In the screen, choose ‘Yes’ and it will reboot automatically.
Finally, check unlock status of your device by issuing the command ‘fastboot oem device-info’. If the device is unlocked you will get ‘true’. (Source)