The Google Nexus 5 smartphone has an 8MP primary camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) feature and you can take great shots with it in good conditions. You can enhance the quality of photos, videos and audios even better by adding some tweaks to the camera app of Nexus 5. Here is how it is.
An XDA member Jishnu has created a flashable zip file, which you can flash on your Nexus 5 to improve the video, audio and image quality. By adding these tweaks, you can set JPEG quality to 100 %, JPEG compression to 0, JPEG medium quality to 100, JPEG low quality to 100, get improved picture color tone to warmer side, set audio bitrate to max possible (288000kbit/s) and many more.
Note that, the camera MOD is essentially a completely new app that replaces the stock camera that you currently have. So your device must be rooted and have custom recovery (ClockworkMod/TWRP) installed.
Disclaimer: Follow these instructions carefully. Do it at your own responsibility. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Also, backup your data, preferably a Nandroid backup.
– Nexus 5 must be rooted
– Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
– Camera mod zip file
1. Copy the downloaded camera mod zip file to your Nexus 5.
2. Shutdown the phone and boot into Recovery mode. From recovery, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
3. Now, select “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the camera mod zip file.
4. After the process is complete, reboot the phone. Enjoy better camera on Nexus 5.
You can download Camera MOD zip for Nexus 5 from source here.