Huawei Honor 5C B355 Nougat update is now available for Honor 5C NEM-L22 variant. This update optimizes system performance and stability. Also, the update optimizes power consumption for longer usage. The Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 OTA update starts rolling out Honor 5C (build number NEM-L22C636B355) and as the update is rolling out in phases it will take some days to get on all devices. Alternatively, you can download and install the update manually.
If you prefer manual update, then check out the guide below. It let you know how to install EMUI 5.0 Nougat update on Honor 5C NEM-L22 variant (Asian region). Besides general bug fixes and native features of Android 7.0 Nougat and EMUI 5.0, the B335 update (build number NEM-L22C636B355) has also includes the following fixes.
– Improves system performance and stability for smoother operations
– Optimizes the wallpaper display for a better experience
– Fixes an issue where the other party’s voice was occasionally delayed when answering calls while using OK Google.
– Read full changelog here
Honor 5C (NEM-L22) owners can check for the B355 Nougat update using Huawei’s HiCare app. Before that, check the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware. If no update found, you can force update Honor 5C by using HiCare app.
Tech-savvy users can download and install the EMUI 5.0 firmware manually. Read on to know how to install EMUI 5.0 B355 firmware manually on Honor 5C NEM-L22 (C636) variant.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Unzip the downloaded ‘update.zip’ file-using app like 7Zip.
2. Now, create a folder ‘dload’ in the root of your SD card. Copy and paste the update.app file (from extracted update.zip files) in the ‘dload’ folder.
3. Now, open the phone app and dial *#*#2846579#*#*. It will open the software upgrade menu.
4. In the menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade, then select and run the update.
5. Once the process is completed, reboot your phone and enjoy the all new EMUI 5.0 and its features.
1. Unzip the downloaded full firmware file (update_full_NEM-L22_hw_spcseas.zip).
2. Now, go to the ‘delod’ folder and delete all the content. Then copy the entire file, including update.app from the extracted full firmware file and save them in ‘deload’ folder.
3. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* in dial pad to get the software upgrade menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade and then select and run the update.
4. The update will start and once completed, reboot your device.
Now you have successfully installed the latest stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 5C. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (source)