Honor 5C in India (NEM-L22) recently received Android 7.0 Nougat update, but after updating the firmware, some users decided to go back to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware for some reasons. Android 7.0 Nougat update definitely gives a better performance, good battery life, new features, refined EMUI 5.0 UI and overall a buttery feel on Honor 5C, but some users found it laggy and slow performance. If your prefer Android Marshmallow afore the Nougat, this guide is for you.
Downgrading firmware on Honor 5C is rather a simple process, but it requires knowledge on flashing firmware manually on Android devices. If you do not want Android 7.0 Nougat and wish to downgrade your Honor 5C back to Marshmallow, read on to know how it is.
Honor club member SameerPaul come up with all the necessary things to do downgrade Honor 5C to Android Marshmallow. The below method will downgrade your Honor 5C from software build number NEM-L22C675B310 to build number NEM-L22C675B151.
Before you start downgrading your Honor 5C (Indian variant) to Android Marshmallow, please note that your device should not be rooted and custom recovery installed. Also, back up any important data before installing the firmware.
Pre-requisites for downgrading Honor5C from Android Nougat to Marshmallow:
1. Enough space on your SD card to save downgrade file and firmware file.
2. Ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. Make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
4. Log out from all the Gmail accounts on the phone (recommended).
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Create a ‘dload’ folder to the root directory of SD card (if it is not there). Save the update.app into the dload folder.
3. Turn off your phone, press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons. It will enter into software upgrade mode.
4. After completing the flashing process, your phone will restart automatically.
[The first part of downgrade process is over. In the second part, you need to flash the Marshmallow firmware]
5. Delete the old ‘dload’ folder from your phone’s SD card
7. Turn off your phone, press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons. It will enter into software upgrade mode.
8. After completing the flashing process, your phone will restart automatically.
To check your software version, go to settings > about phone > Build number > NEM-L22C675B151. (Source – Honor club)