Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (SM-G530H) will not get official Android Nougat update, but you can experience Android 7.0 Nougat and its features on it with CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM. An unofficial version of CyanogenMod 14 ROM is now available for download, which you can install on your rooted Galaxy Grand Prime via TWRP recovery. However, it is recommended that inexperienced users do not try to install it on their device.
Unofficial CM14 custom ROMs are available for many devices, but most of them are in its early testing stage. Unofficial CM14 for Galaxy Grand Prime is also in its initial stage, which means you will not get all the features of Nougat and CyanogenMod. Also, it is unstable and contain several bugs, so it cannot be used as a daily driver.
Interested Galaxy Grand Prime (SM-G530H) owners can try the unofficial CM14 on their device and experience Android 7.0 Nougat on it. Check out the guide below to know how to flash unofficial CyanogenMod 14 on Galaxy Grand Prime (SM-G530H).
Before start, note that the below guide will wipe all data you have on your phone, so backup every data, before proceeding with the below steps. Also, it is assume that you have root access on the phone and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on it.
– At least 80% battery charge remaining in your phone
– Root access and TWRP recovery on your phone
– Unofficial CM14 custom ROM (download from here/development page)
– Android 7.0 compatible Google apps (download from here, Select ARM and nano version)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Save the downloaded CM14 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file in your phone’s SD card.
2. Boot your Grand Prime into TWRP recovery (Power off, press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously)
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup option and create a Nadroid backup (it is necessary to restore your current ROM)
4. Return to main TWRP recovery screen, select Wipe, go to Advanced Wipe and wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, and data (Swipe to confirm the action).
6. Once done and before booting, select Wipe and wipe cache & dalvik cache and then reboot your device.
The first boot will take little more time. Once done, set up your device and enjoy CM 14 (Android Nougat) on your device. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – charbelaoun44)