Chances for getting official Android 4.4 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 is very rare, but you can enjoy KitKat flavor on your Grand Duos by installing Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM (unofficial). If you are interested, follow the instructions given below.
Android 4.4 KitKat has a fresh user interface and new features. New widget interfaces, Google Now, new keyboard, camera app, dialer app, improved lockscreen, etc. are some of them. You can enjoy most of these features by installing this ROM on your Grand Duos I9082.
Before reading the ROM installation guide, please note that this ROM is in preliminary stage and does contain few bugs; some of them are mentioned below.
- Only the primary SIM slot works
- Kitkat Screen Record feature does not work
- FM Radio does not work
- No anti-banding setting in Camera
- Stock browser does not use hardware acceleration, so use Google Chrome.
- Small artifact in Camera UI
a) If you are still on stock 4.1 ROM, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing. It will not work on 4.1 stock ROM’s bootloader.
b) Since Cyanogenmod does not support dual SIM, only primary SIM of your Galaxy Grand Duos works.
c) Make a full back up (Nandroid) of your device from recovery. Also, back up all data such as personal files, images, videos, messages, emails, contacts, apps, SMS, call logs, bookmarks, etc.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
ROM Installation Guide:
1. Connect your device with your PC using original USB cable and copy both Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM zip and Gapps zip files to the SD card.
2. Disconnect the device from PC andboot into recovery mode (power off and press volume up + home + power button simultaneously)
3. From recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partitions.
4. Next select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Select cm-11-zip for installation.
5. Repeat step of install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard for Gapps.
6. In order to avoid bootloops, do wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition after flashing the ROM. Then, go back and reboot your device.
You have successfully installed Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. Enjoy!