OnePlus One, which is currently running on the CyanogenMod (Android 4.4.2) ROM, can now be updated to Android 4.4.4 by installing the latest version of CyanogenMod 11 and enjoy features like the Heads Up notification, new theme engine and more. Follow the CM11 installation guide for OnePlus One.
For your information, OnePlus One is a high-end Android smartphone available at an affordable $300 price tag. It has a 5.50-inch (1080×1920) JDI display, powers a 2.5GHz processor with 3GB RAM, 13MP rear camera, and 16GB/64GB storage capacity.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Important: As always, create a backup of all important data in your OnePlus One. Also, make a Nandroid back up of your device from recovery.
Note: This is a nightly build (CM11 M8), which means it will contain some bugs.
– OnePlus One must be rooted and custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
– CM 11 zip file (download latest update from here)
– Gapps zip file (download from here)
Installing CyanogenMod 11 M8 on OnePlus One From Recovery
1. Copy the downloaded CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
2. Power off your OnePlus One and then boot it into Recovery mode by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons.
3. From recovery, make a Nandroid backup. Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
4. Now, go to “Install zip” option and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
5. Once the process completed, once again, go to “Install zip” option and then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
6. Now, again wipe dalvik cache and then select wipe data/factory reset. After the process is complete, reboot the phone.
Note that the first boot will take a few minutes. Do not press any button until your phone boots up (source).