Nextbit Robin will get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update soon. Nougat beta testing for Robin has already begun and the stable build is expected to be released shortly. However, there is good news for CyanogenMod fans. Nextbit Robin has received support from CyanogenMod and released the first CM14.1 nightly build that brings the latest Android 7.1 Nougat to the device.
Check out the installation guide for CyanogenMod 14.1 (ether) on Nextbit Robin. Besides Android 7.1, you can enjoy stock UI, features like multi-window, extended battery life, bundled notification, and other value added features by installing CM14.1. However, this is a nightly release, so do not expect all of the CyanogenMod specific features now.
Before start, note that the present status of CM14.1 for Nextbit Robin is nightly, this means the ROM is not yet ready to be used as a daily driver. You will experience stability and performance issues, miss many features, so install at your own risk.
This guide is assuming that you have already unlocked bootloader of Nextbit Robin, root access and latest version of TWRP custom recovery (3.0…) installed. If everything is ready, proceed with below steps.
– Backup any important data you have on the phone
– At least 80% battery charge remaining on the phone
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Switch off the phone and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together to boot into TWRP recovery.
3. In TWRP, select the ‘Backup’ button to create a backup (recommended)
4. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and then Factory Reset.
5. Now, select ‘Install’, navigate to /sdcard and select the CyanogenMod .zip package. Follow the on-screen notices to install the package.
Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot, then System. The device will now boot into CyanogenMod 14.1. Set up and enjoy. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – CM)