The System Image Backup feature available in Windows 8.1 lets you make a full backup of your system, which you can use to restore your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stopped working. Here is how to make a full backup of your entire system via System Image Backup option and restore the system when in need.
How to backup Windows 8.1 via System Image Backup?
To use System Image Backup in Windows 8.1, you need to navigate to the File History control panel.
– From the Start Screen type “File History” and choose the right entry.
– In the File History control panel, look in the bottom left corner of the window and click “System Image Backup” option.
– Now, create a System Image wizard appears.
– Choose an external drive – hard drive, USB (16GB or more), DVD or Network drive and click next.
– Go through the wizard to back up your entire OS.
How to restore Windows 8.1 from System Image Backup?
– From the Choose an Option screen, choose Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options.
– In the Advanced Options, select System Image Recovery. The PC will restart.
– At the “System Image Recovery” screen, select your username and then type your password when prompted.
– The Re-Image Your Computer wizard will start. Select the correct system image, and then click next.
– Go through the wizard to restore your PC to the selected system image backup.