Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Android One devices has confirmed and Micromax Canvas A1 is the first device to get the Marshmallow OTA (over the air) update (MRA58M). OTA update for other Android One phones, such as Spice Dream UNO, Karbonn Sparkle V, etc. is imminent.
Captured by an XDA contributor arpanbag1996, this official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update (build MRA58M) is meant for Micromax Canvas A1 and can be installed via stock recovery. However, users should update their Canvas A1 to build LMY48M (Android 5.1) to apply the update.
Micromax Canvas A1 users who updated their phone to LMY48M (Android 5.1) check for Android 6 OTA update by going to Settings -> About Phone -> System update. It will take few weeks to receive the OTA notification. If you cannot wait for Google to officially release the OTA update, then you can use the manual method.
1. Download the Android 6.0 OTA file (MRA58M) for Micromax Canvas A1 [HERE]
2. Transfer the downloaded OTA zip file to your phone (Do not put it inside a folder)
3. Now, switch off your phone, then boot into stock recovery mode (not CWM/TWRP). To do so, press the Power and Volume up buttons at the same time. Now, select recovery mode, you will see a dead Android with exclamation mark and “No Command” written below it. Hold Power, then tap Volume up (follow the order properly) and leave it.
4. From recovery, select “install update from sd card”, select the OTA zip file and wait for the update to be installed.
5. Once the installation process finished, reboot your phone.
Now your Canvas A1 will boot into Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Enjoy all the new features, including ‘adaptable storage’ on your phone (Source – arpanbag1996)