Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) Beta testing for Huawei P9 Lite is now live in many regions, including UK, Spain, Italy, etc. If you are excited try the new Emotion UI 5.0 and the latest Android 7.0 Nougat on your Huawei P9 Lite, then here is how to participate in the beta testing program. Joining the beta testing program (Friendly User Test) for Huawei P9 Lite is simple. All you need a Huawei ID and the Beta app installed on the phone.
Android 7.0 Nougat brings a brand new, simple and smarter user interface (EMUI 5.0) to P9 Lite. You can also experience improved system performance, customizations and new features like App twin. EMUI 5.0 also ensures enhanced security for user privacy, mobile payment, communication, and app usage.
Huawei P9 Lite owners can now test out the Beta version of EMUI 5.0 by joining the Beta Friendly User Test. Before participating in the Beta program, we would like to inform you that your Huawei P9 Lite should be on official firmware and unlocked variant.
Also, this is a beta test for Android 7.0 Nougat for select owners of Huawei P9 Lite in the UK. Not all are eligible for the beta test and advised to wait for the final release.
Note: Before installing the Beta firmware, it is recommended that users to back up their data, as the Beta is a developer version of the OS and might be unstable.
2. Enable ‘Unknown Source’ option in phone Settings > Security.
3. Now, tap on the Beta app APK to install it.
4. After installation, open the app and accept the terms and conditions.
5. Now, login with your Huawei ID. (If no Huawei ID, apply [HERE] for a new account by email or mobile phone number)
6. After log in with your Huawei ID, select Personal > Join Project > Available Project.
You will receive OTA upgrade notification automatically, and then you can select to update your phone. (Source – Huawei)