Manufactured by LG for Google, the Nexus 5 smartphone introduces brand new version of Android 4.4 KitKat, comes packed with lots of new awesome features, has specs to rival the best phones on the market and is highly affordable. In addition to all, it shows off Google’s vision of what an Android phone should be.
Spec wise, the device sports a 4.95? True HD IPS Plus display, powers by a monstrous 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor and Adreno 330 GPU, has 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB internal memory and 2300 mAh battery.
1. Low price: First and foremost is low price. Though it is not as cheap as its predecessor was, it is still cheaper than other flagship phones.
2. Processor & GPU Power: It is blazingly fast and the strong GPU enables you to play really high-power games without draining the battery life.
3. Up to date: The Nexus range device will always get the latest version of Android first, so the Nexus 5 is a future-proofed handset.
4. Android KitKat: The new version of OS is less obtrusive, enabling you to focus your full attention on whatever you are doing.
5. Cloud Storage Integration: Integration with the cloud makes it easy to attach files from Dropbox/Google Drive.
6. Audio output quality: Often overlooked, the sound is decent here, too, with rich tones and subtle bass.
7. Going large: Full-screen wallpapers make the most of the large and expansive screen.
8. Great display: True HD IPS Plus screen makes movies look pin sharp and colors are well reproduced, leading to impressive performance.
9. Office work: Higher integration with QuickOffice makes it a good tool for business users, too.
Please note that the above reasons are my opinion. If you have any suggestion please write using the comment form below.
Written by: Alex Warrior is a technical freelance writer and has acute interest in all things technology. Among his many interests, one is tinkering with mobile phones in his leisure time.