One of the best new features of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean was the introduction of Lockscreen widgets. You can place app widgets directly on your lock screen and get your favorite app contents without having to unlocking the phone and finding the information yourself. For those who do not have 4.2 Jelly Bean devices or want a feature rich lock screen, you can try one of a small number of apps that do the same thing, for instance, C Locker Free.
C Locker Free is a feature rich Lockscreen replacement app for Android phone running ICS and later (Android 4.0 and above). It lets you customize the Lock Screen you like, let you see how emails have come through, produce shortcuts that will take you straight to certain apps, gives detailed weather information including humidity and many more options.
Below are some of the best features of C Locker Free lockscreen replacement app:
– Brings detailed weather information – humidity, wind speed, visibility condition and up to 5 days forecast on lockscreen. You can select either YahooWeather or WorldWeatherOnline for this.
– Produce app shortcuts (more than 10 custom shortcuts) that will take you straight to apps. They can be set to show/hide on the locker. The shortcut icon can also be customized to you own ones.
– SMS and Missed Call can now be set to show/hide and can be set to lock the drag function to open the SMS/call log shortcut on the locker.
– Media buttons (previous, play, pause, next), this automatically shows if you have a song playing.
– Home live wallpaper can be enabled on lockscreen.
– 2 types of screen timeout can be set, the Locker screen timeout and the normal system screen timeout.
– Lock/Unlock sound- able to select lock/unlock ringtone.
Having widgets and other services on your Lockscreen will ensure you can be given updates of your apps or services without having to bother unlocking the phone and finding the information yourself.
The free version of C Locker can be installed from Play Store