The new beta (1) version has a number of performance improvements over its previous versions and an eye-catching look.
Following are the major features of Firefox 4 (beta 1):
- Tabs are on top: As in Opera the default tab position has been moved to top and Menu bar replaced with Firefox button (in Windows Vista/7).
- New Add-on manager and extensions manager have been added
- Stop and reload buttons have been merged into single button as part of UI enhancements on Windows , Mac and Linux
- Bookmarks toolbar has been replaced with Bookmarks button by default.
- Crash protection: Enables interrupted browsing when a plug-in crashes. You can resume browsing by simply refreshing the page.
- Full WebGL support has been added and disabled by default at this time
- HD Video: Native support for HD HTML5 WebM video format.
- An experimental Direct2D rendering backend available on windows turned off by default.
- Support for more HTML5 form controls.