One of the best features of LG G5 is its dual back camera. Though the camera interface looks very familiar to LG G4, the app features Time-Lapse video, Steady Camera (rear camera), Capture Automatic Face Detection (front camera), etc. You can bring all these camera features to your LG G4 with the LG G5 camera port.
A good camera app and its features can help us to take better photos. LG’s 2016 flagship, the LG G5 brings some appealing features like Time-Lapse video, Steady Camera (a custom algorithm for steady shooting) and Automatic Face Detection, which you can bring to your LG G4 with the LG G5 camera port. Thanks to the XDA contributor BySezerSimsek for the port.
Main features of LG G5 camera port:
– Time-Lapse video (rear camera)
– Steady Camera (rear camera)
– Capture Automatic Face Detection (front camera)
The below guide lets you know how to install LG G5 Camera app on LG G4. This camera app is a flashable zip file, which you can flash via TWRP recovery. It will replace LG G4 camera app, but you can restore it any time.
Note: The LG G5 camera port tested only on LG G4 (H815) with Android Marshmallow; it has not been tested on LG G4 with Android Lollipop.
1. Download the LG G5 camera port zip file [HERE] and save it on the internal memory of your LG G4
2. Reboot your LG G4 into TWRP recovery
3. In TWRP recovery, select “Install” and select the downloaded zip file
4. Confirm the installation with a right swipe
5. Once done, reboot your phone.
6. Open camera app and if it crashes, reboot in to TWRP recovery, wipe dalvik cache and restart your phone.