It has been several months since Google formally introduced Google Hangouts Dialer, an Android app to make free Wi-Fi calls to any phone number, including landlines. It has been in a limited release and was available in few countries only. Nevertheless, Google Hangouts Dialer is now available internationally, which lets you make international Wi-Fi calls to any phone number. Also, calls to US and Canada are free.
With Google Hangouts Dialer, you can make internet phone calls to any phone number (via Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G). Calls to US and Canada are free. Of course, data charges will apply for your calls. For international calls, you will also be charged Google’s rates. However, comparing to many telephone service provider’s rate Google’s rates is very cheap.
Read on to know how to make international internet phone calls (via Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G) using the Hangouts Dialer app and Google Hangouts for Android.
1. Download Hangouts Dialer app from Play Store [HERE]
2. After installing the app, launch it and tap the call button.
3. Tap on the keypad button (grid of few dots)
4. Dial any phone number you wish (Calls are free to Canadian or American phone numbers) to make a call.
5. For international calls, you need to add calling credit.
6. To add calling credit, launch Hangouts Dialer, tap on $0.00+ icon (at the top right of the screen) and add credit.
Now, just like your dialer app, Hangouts Dialer also lets you delete your call history. If you wish to clear your recent call history, do as given below.
1. Launch Google Hangouts/ Hangouts Dialer
2. Tap the call button
3. Tap ‘Clear recent’ shown on the upper right of your screen and then tap Clear button.