One of the new features of Google Pixel smartphone is Fingerprint swipe gesture. With this feature, you can view notifications from any screen with a quick downward swipe on the fingerprint sensor. It was assumed that Google will implement this feature on nexus 5X and Nexus 6P with the Android 7.1.1 update, but there was no such option with the update. However, there is a way to enable Fingerprint Swipe gesture on any phone. No root access is required.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to enable Fingerprint Swipe gesture on any phone running on Android Marshmallow and above. Of course, your device should have Fingerprint scanner. By enabling this feature, you can view notification from any screen by just swiping down on the fingerprint sensor.
The advantage of Fingerprint Swipe gesture is that you do not need to swipe down the quick settings panel to view your notification. You can do this by just swiping down on the fingerprint sensor.
Fingerprint Quick Action is a free, ad supported app (we have covered this app in a previous post for different function) that can enable Fingerprint Swipe gesture on any device with a fingerprint scanner. Thanks to the XDA developer ztc1997 for adding new features to the app.
Note: Requires a phone running on Android Marshmallow or above with fingerprint scanner.
1. Download latest version of Fingerprint Quick Action APK from app development page here.
2. Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ option on your phone in ‘Security’ settings
3. Install the app by tapping on the APK
4. Open the Fingerprint Quick Action app and check box next to ‘Enable Fingerprint Quick Action’.
5. Now, tap on ‘Quick Action’ and in options select ‘Expend Notifications Panel’ or ‘Toggle Notifications Panel’.
You are now ready to use Fingerprint swipe gesture. By just touching on the fingerprint scanner, you can view your notification panel. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – Reddit)